Our Approach to Medicare Set-Aside Cases
At Ritsema Law, we have a unique line of business dedicated to Medicare set-aside cases, called MSP Solutions, which can help you by:
- Determining which cases need to be evaluated for Medicare issues.
- Evaluating each case by using the underlying facts and current workers’ compensation law to minimize the amount required to fund any type of Medicare set-aside agreement.
- Shaping each case to prepare for settlement and Medicare issues. (This prevents the problem created when protecting a client’s Medicare interest becomes an afterthought.)
- Negotiating with Medicare how much, if any, needs to be set aside to protect Medicare’s interests.
- Establishing the appropriate vehicle to manage medical funds which are set aside for future benefits covered by Medicare.
- Providing training to assist our clients in determining when a case needs to be evaluated for Medicare issues and how to shape a case from the beginning to minimize Medicare funding at the time of settlement.